Delicious chicken recipe cooked In onion gravy & roasted Indian spices. . . . .
Chicken – 400gms
Salt Oil – 3-4 Tbsp
Ghee – 3 Tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2tbsp
Beaten curd (dahi) – 2tbsp
Onions – 3 (fine chopped)
Coriander powder – 2tbsp
Red Chili powder – 1tbsp
Haldi – 1/2 Tbsp
Coriander seeds (dhaniya sabut) – 2 tbsp
Peppercorns – 1/2 Tbsp
Shahi jeera (cumin) – 1/2 Tbsp
Cloves (Laung) – 2to3
Black cardamom – 1
Bayleaf – 1
Green Cardamom – 2to3
Chopped coriander – handful
Lemon – 1/2
1. Marinade the chicken in Ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, oil, coriander powder, haldi and mix well. Keep aside for minimum of 30 mins to overnight.
2. Prepare the Bhuna Masala by dry roasting whole coriander seeds, peppercorns, cumin, clove, cardamom and green cardamom.
3. Add large pinch of salt (helps in maintaining temperature)
4. Let the spices cool down to room temperature. Grind it and “Bhuna” Masala is ready.
5. Now take a pan, add oil and ghee in the pan and add marinated chicken, cook for 10-12 mins (keep turning for even cooking)
6. Once done keep the chicken aside (keep the oil in which chicken is pan roasted)
7. Take another pan add oil of roasted chicken + 2 Tbsp ghee. Once oil start to smoke add the Bayleaf and onions.
8. Cook the onions thoroughly until they start to caramelise. Add splash of water to stop burning.
9. Once onions are caramelised add the chicken in pan and cook well.
10. Cover and cook for 10mins. Add the curd and cook for 10mins.
11. Add 2 Tbsp Bhuna Masala and let it cook until oil separates.
12. Cook for 5-7 mins more until chicken is cooked.
13. Add fresh coriander and mix well.
Turn off the heat. Serve hot with choice of breads.