Indian dish with Spinach gravy, Indian spices and with paneer (cottage cheese)
Water 1 ltr
Salt to taste
Spinach (Palak) 500gms (washed & cleaned)
Ginger (roughly chopped) 1/2 inch
Garlic 7-8 cloves
Mustard Oil (Sarson ka Tel) 2 Tbsp
Green Chillies 2
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 2 tsp
Onion paste 2 onions
Ginger garlic paste 2 Tbsp
Fresh tomato puree 1 tomato
Paneer (cubes) 250 gms
Ghee (clarified butter) 2 tbsp
Red Chili Powder 2tsp
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya powder) 2tsp
Turmeric powder (haldi) 1tsp
1. Take salted water and put in the spinach (palak) in the water.
2. Boil the spinach for 5-7 mins, drain the water and put the spinach in ice for 2 minutes (helps in retain the colour) then drain the water.
3. Put the boiled spinach in a mixer, add ginger, garlic, green chillies and salt (namak) and grind into a smooth puree.
4. Take mustard oil in pan, let it smoke and once it start smoking, add the cumin seeds (jeera) and onion puree.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, add ginger garlic paste, cook until raw smells goes away.
6. Add tomato puree in the pan, cook for 5 minutes, then add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
7. Add the spinach puree in the pan and let it cook for 5mins on low flame, bring it to boil and add paneer in the pan.
8. Mix the paneer in the gravy and give it a final boil. Turn off the flame.
9. Serve hot and top up with Mirch ka Ghee.
FOR MICH KA GHEE – Take 2tbsp Ghee in a pan, once it start smoking add 1tsp red chili powder.