Buttery Creamy chicken recipe cooked in Tomato based gravy with cashews, cream and mild spices.
Onion (roughly chopped) – 1
Tomatoes (roughly chopped) – 6
Cashews / Almonds (peeled) – Handful
Chicken (boneless) – 750 gms
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
Ginger (peeled) – 2 inch
Garlic (peeled) – 8-10 cloves
Green Chillies (roughly chopped) – 3
Fresh Cream – half cup
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp
Salt – To taste
Butter – 50 gms
Crushed Kasuri Methi (fenugreek) – 1 Tbsp
Ginger Julienne (fine strips of ginger) – 6-7
Fresh Coriander (dhaniya – for garnish
- Take the chicken into a bowl, marinade with red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, oil & pinch of salt. Keep it refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
2. Take a heavy bottom pan, add butter, garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes, cashews, cinnamon, bayleaf, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, green chillies and water.
3. Cover it with lid and cook for 25 mins on low to medium flame.
4. Let the entire mixture get cooled down to room temperature, remove bayleaf & cinnamon.
5. Take mixer grinder and turn into a fine gravy. Sieve if required.
6. Take the same pan, take oil, add the marinated chicken, sear the chicken on high heat. Cook for 10-15 mins. Take the chicken out & keep aside. (to get char like tandoori cook for longer time, but it shouldn’t be dried)
7. Take the pan, add butter, green chilli, ginger julienne and then add the gravy in the pan, you’ll be looking for a nice orange smooth gravy.
8. Let the gravy cook for 10-15 mins on low to medium flame, add fresh cream.
9. Then add chicken in the gravy, let it simmer for 5-7 mins, then add crushed kasuri methi in the gravy. Check the seasoning and finally add butter to make the gravy smooth & buttery. Turn off the flame.
10. Garnish with fresh cream, fresh coriander. Serve hot with Naan/Roti.