A delicious rich gravy flavoured with whole spices with fried vegetable fritters in the gravy, garnished with coriander perfect to go with assorted Indian breads.
Onions (fine chopped) – 4
Tomatoes (chopped) – 8
Boiled potatoes – 4
Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 100 gms
Raw bananas (Boiled) – 2
Cashews – 8 to 10
Shahi Jeera (Whole Cumin)
Bayleaf – 1
Clove – 3
Black Cardomom – 2
Green Cardomom – 2
Garlic Cloves (peeled) – 8 to 10
Ginger (chopped) – 1 inch
Butter – 2 TBSP
Oil – 4 TBSP
Green Chilli – 1 (chopped)
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 TSP
- Take boiled raw bananas, grated paneer, boiled potatoes, salt to taste, red chili powder, mash everything into a mixture and start preparing round spheres of 2 cm diameter.
- Take oil in deep bottom skillet and start frying Kofte until they are brown & crisp, keep aside.
3. Take a deep heavy bottom skillet and add oil, butter on low to medium heat. Once the pan is hot enough start adding the whole spices and saute for 2-3 mins. After that add the chopped onions and saute again.
4. Once the onions starting to get translucent add green chillies, ginger, garlic, Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well. Add cashew nuts & mix well.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, 3 cups of water and cover the pan, cook for 20-25 mins on low flame.
6. After 25 mins, tomatoes will be mashy. Cold the mixture to room temperature, remove the bayleaf & grind the rest in to a fine, rich gravy.
7. Take the same pan, add butter & oil on low flame , add the rich fine gravy in the pan, cook for 3-4 mins , add salt, add Kashmiri red chilli powder.
8. Mix well, add fried fritters (Kofte) in the curry, mix well. Add a pinch of Kasuri methi and mix well.
9. After one boil, add the cream and turn the heat off. Garnish with cream & sprig of coriander. Serve hot with assorted Indian breads.