A delicacy originated in Mughalai cuisine with chicken/mutton originally but this one is made with red kidney beans (Rajma) & Black Chickpea (Chana)
Rajma – 300 gms
Black Chickpea (Chana) – 200 gms
Brown Onions – 3
Green Chilli (chopped) – 1
Turmeric (Haldi) – 1/2 TBSP
Homemade Garam Masala – 1/2 TSP
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 TBSP
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) – 1/2 TBSP
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 TBSP
Salt ( To taste) – To Taste
Fresh Lemon Juice – 1/2 TSP
Ginger (grated) – 3 inch
Garlic (fine chopped) – 10-12 cloves
Fresh Coriander – handful
Fresh/dry mint – handful
Kewra Water – 1/2 TSP
Oil – For Frying
- Take Rajma & Chana in a bowl and soak in water minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- After soaking, add salt (1/2 tsp) pressure cook it (6-7 Whistles) until rajma & chana is tender.
- Grind it into a mixer grinder to make a fine Smooth paste.
- Make a Kebab Spice Mix by mixing all the dry spices in a bowl.
- Now, take the rajma mixture and add green chillies, coriander, fresh/dry mint, ginger, garlic, lemon juice & mix well.
- Start adding kebab mix, gradually into Rajma paste and keep mixing and adding spice mix.
- Add Kewra water and mix again, add brown onions.
- Keep the kebab mixture in the fridge for minimum of two hours to overnight.
- After that, start shaping kebabs into roundels /oval shape and cook on medium heat for 2-3 mins each side.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and onions.