A velvety, buttery, creamy & rich dish with paneer (cottage cheese) , mild spices and flavour of butter, ginger and green chillies.
Serves 3-4 persons
Amul Paneer – 200 gms
Amul Cream – 3-4 TBSP
Amul Butter – 4 TBSP
Onion (quarters) – 1
Tomatoes (chopped) – 5
Ginger (roughly chopped) – 3 inch
Garlic (peeled) – 8-10 cloves
Green Chillies – 3 (slit)
Cashews – 8-10
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 TBSP
Kasuri Methi (dry fenugreek) – crushed
Salt – To taste
Coriander – to garnish
- Take pan on medium heat, start adding 1 tbsp butter, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, bayleaf, cinnamon, 2 inch ginger, garlic, cashews, Kashmiri red chilli powder (1/2 tbsp) , 2 green chillies and little salt. Add 3 cups of water.
- Cover it and let it simmer for 20-25 mins.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Meanwhile, slit your 1 green chilli, julienne your remaining ginger.
- Cut the Paneer into equal cubes.
- After 20 mins turn off the flame, tomatoes will be mashy. Remove all whole spices such as cinnamon, bayleaf.
- Allow the mixture to cool down at room temperature and grind it into a fine paste.
- Wipe the pan, heat in on low flame, put 3 tbsp butter, green chilies & julienne ginger, saute well.
- Add Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (1/2 Tbsp) and Paneer cubes , mix well.
- After that, pour the smooth gravy in the pan, cook for 5-7 mins.
- Check the seasoning, add crushed kasuri methi and then turn off the heat.
- Once the heat is off, then add your Amul cream, mix well.
- Garnish with Sprig of coriander and cream.
- Serve Hot with Naan/Chapati/Paratha.