Dive into this beautiful dish from Italian cuisine, spicy and tangy at the same time, the Tagliatelle pasta with flavours of garlic, tomatoes, onions. Mamma-Mia….
Tagliatelle Pasta 150 gms
Tomatoes (diced) 2
Onion (fine chopped) 1
Garlic (fine chopped) 2 cloves
Parmesan cheese grated
Italian seasoning to taste
Tomato puree 1 tbsp
Olive Oil 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper crushed
Red Chilli Flakes 1 tbsp
Process: (Note: Can add mushrooms, broccoli and chicken)
- Take a heavy bottom pan and water in it on high flame, put a bit of salt and 1 spoon olive oil in it.
- Once the water starts boiling put in the pasta and give it a stir so it doesn’t stick. Keep an eye, the pasta should be Al-dente (80% cooked) in 7-8 minutes. Strain the pasta and save some pasta stock.
- Take a pan and put 2 spoons of olive oil in it, on medium flame. Add garlic and sauté it. Add chilli flakes.
- Add onions and sauté, as onions turn golden add the tomatoes and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add half cup pasta stock and tomato puree, stir well, put in the tagliatelle and mix well.
- Put salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes until there is a saucy texture on pasta.
- Garnish with parsley or parmesan cheese.