A sweet and savoury dish from Cantonese cuisine consisting flavours of ginger-garlic soy and chicken accompanied by Jasmine rice.
Serves 1 potion
1⁄4 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1⁄2 tsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
4 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup low sodium chicken stock
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
4 scallions, chopped bite size
- In a bowl, mix chicken pieces with cornstarch until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- In a pan over high heat, add oil and when the oil is hot, add chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through (about 4 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, chicken stock and brown sugar and cook for 3-4 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Turn the heat off, add sesame oil and scallions. Stir well and serve with white jasmine rice.