A delicious piece of meat grilled over charcoal with the flavour of spices, herbs originally from Turkey (known as Sword skewers) cooked over skewers with Indian spices served with ‘Mint Chutney’ and Onions.
Chicken Mince 400gms
Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Brown Onions (crushed) 1 Bowl
Rose Water (optional) ½ tbsp
Coriander Roots (fine chopped) 1 tbsp
(For Spice Mix)
Kashmiri Lal Mirch 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Roasted Jeera Powder 1 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
Chaat Masala 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder ½ tbsp
- Take the chicken mix and add one egg and mix well with hands. (wear gloves or apply a bit of oil on your hands)
- Add the ginger garlic paste and again mix well.
- Take the spice mix and start mixing into the mixture slowly. (1-2 tbsp at one time)
- Keep repeating the steps until all the ingredients are mixed well. Add rose water and mix well.
- Now, wrap the container with clean wrap or foil or lid and refrigerate for minimum one hour so as the mixture is well blended.
- Take out the kebab mix, get your skewers and start applying with your hands, make sure the mixture doesn’t fall. And shape your kebab with thumb and index fingers. (Note: keep a bowl of cold water and keep dipping your hand so that it doesn’t stick).
- The best way is to grill over charcoal barbeque but if you are at home, you can pan grill the kebabs, deep fry or even can bake them.
- While pan grilling or barbeque grilling keep turning the skewers carefully and keep applying oil dip by dip.
- Once you notice that kebabs get the charred coating it means the Kebabs are done.
- After taking off give it a rest of 2-3 minutes.
- Take out from the skewers serve this beautiful delicacy with onions and mint chutney. Sprinkle some more chaat masala or lemon.