One of the famous recipes of Indian street food, originally from Bombay, Maharashtra, India. Consisting of mashed potatoes, peas and mashed cauliflower made into a curry (bhaji) with Indian spices and buttery flavour served with Pav. (bread)
Potatoes (medium sized) 3
Cauliflower (small) 1
Green Peas 100 gms
Onions (fine chopped) 3
Tomatoes (finely diced) 1
Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder ½ tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala 1 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
- Boil or pressure cook the potatoes, cauliflower and peas until fully cooked and also mash the veggies and potatoes together.
- Take a pan on medium flame and put oil in it, put in the onions and save ¼ of onions for later.
- Saute the onions until they are translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and mix well until it’s fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well until the tomatoes are mushy. Add the red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water to bring consistency and add the veggies. Mix well.
- Add the Pav Bhaji Masala and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- After 10 minutes there should be a smooth consistency. Put butter on Pav and toast it on pan and serve with Bhaji.
- Garnish the bhaji with chopped onions and butter.