Homemade Chilli Garlic Sauce
A basic recipe of sauce used in Chinese and Cantonese cuisine and eaten a lot too in Indian Street food so you can try this sauce to make chicken, veggies and can serve with rice or dim-sums too. Can store up to 3 weeks. All natural,homemade and fresh.
Dry Red Chillies (seeded) 10
Garlic (fine chopped) 20
Oil 5 tbsp
Salt to taste
Tomato Ketchup 500ml
Water 1 cup
Note: Take double the garlic as the amount of red chillies.
- Soak the dry red chillies in warm water for at least 45 minutes.
- After that, take the chillies along with the water in which they were soaked blend them but not fully. There should be a granular texture.
- Take a wok/skillet on medium flame, once the oil is hot, add half of the garlic, sauté them.
- Add the chilli paste and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup and now cook on medium heat. Once the sauce start to reduce then add 1 cup water. Add salt and mix well. Add the remaining garlic now.
- Now keep stirring, and cook on low to medium flame on 10 minutes until there is a saucy consistency and there is a glaze as shown in the photo.
- Use it in cooking, chilli garlic chicken, and chilli garlic veggies and serve it with spring rolls as an accompaniment. Store it in air tight container in refrigerator.