Chicken tikka masala is a dish of roasted chunks of chicken tikka in a spicy sauce. The sauce is usually creamy, spiced and orange-coloured. So enjoy it for dinners or for special guests.
Chicken breast (skinless/boneless) 4
Hung Curd 400gms
Turmeric Powder 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
For Masala (Gravy)
Onions (fine chopped) 2
Tomatoes (diced) 3
Garam masala 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder 1 tbsp
Cooking Cream 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste ½ tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
- Take half of the curd and marinade the chicken and add red chilli powder, turmeric, ginger garlic paste and salt. Lemon is an option. Set aside for minimum 25 mins.
- Take a pan on medium flame, add oil, when the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté them.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add the tomatoes and mix well. Let the onions and tomatoes be simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add ginger garlic paste and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Once the spices are mixed add one cup water and let it simmer until the gravy gets a smooth consistency. Turn off the flame and let it rest.
- Take the chicken pieces and add them in the skewer. If you don’t have the tandoor then u can grill on griller or directly on the flame to get the char texture.
- Once the chicken is done, turn on the heat of the plan and add the chicken.
- Cook for 10 minutes, add fresh cream and sprinkle garam masala on top.
- Serve hot with Indian breads.