A recipe of chicken from Mughal Cuisne, based on white gravy consisting of whole Indian spices.
Cinnamon Sticks 2
Black peppercorns 4
Cumin Seeds (whole) 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds ½ tbsp
Salt To Taste
Dry Red Chillies (whole) 2
Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
Milk (full cream) 500 ml
Kasoori Methi ( Dry Fenugreek) 1 tbsp
Onions (paste) 3
Cashews soaked in lukewarm water 8-10
- Take a pan and put it on a medium flame and put all the whole spices in the pan and roast them for 2-5 minutes until the aroma of the spices come out.
- Take the spices in a mixer and grind, keep aside to bring down to room temperature.
- Take the same pan and put 2 tbsp oil and put it on the medium flame.
- As the oil heats up, put in the onion paste and stir it. As the onions turn golden brown, add the ginger garlic paste.
- Cook for 5 mins and add chicken into the pan and fry it for 7-8 mins.
- Add the spice mixture and stir well.
- Put the flame on low and add milk and keep stirring.
- Put the lid and cook for 10 mins on low flame until the milk is reduced.
- Adjust the salt and chilli according to the taste and cook it with lid for another 10 mins.
- Add Kasoori Methi and give it a final stir. Serve hot. Garnish with Kasoori Methi.