A signature dish of the Indian cuisine which is popular worldwide. Try out the Foodnawaab’s chicken Korma.
Onions – 7-8 sliced finely
Yoghurt – 400gms
Turmeric powder – 1/2 small spoon
Degi Mirch – 2 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Jeera Powder – 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
Mix all of them in the yogurt and mix well and add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- Fry onions on medium heat until the onions are turned brown (Brown onion )
- Add 4 Tbsp yoghurt and brown onion and make a paste and keep aside.
- Take handful of cashews and soak them in warm water for a while and make a paste.
- Before doing the above first take a deep bowl and keep chicken in a cold water with 1 tbsp of vinegar and 1 tbsp of salt and 1/2 spoon sugar and let your chicken rest for one hour. (Brining)
- Take pressure cooker and remove the whistle.
- After that, 2 tbsp ghee and add whole spices, cardamom ( 3 green and 2 black), clove, peppercorn, bayleaf and cinnamon stick…one it’s aromatic remove the cooker from heat after 2 mins add yogurt mix and stir well.
- Put the cooker back on flame and for 6-7 mins with the lid once the ghee comes up add the brown onion paste and one cup water and cover with lid for 15 mins on the lowest flame possible.
- After that stir well and add cashew paste and chicken and cover again for 10 mins…then add Rose water and adjust the salt and spice. Take out the chicken from water and add it.
- Cover the lid on the lowest flame and after 10-12 mins . serve hot and garnish with ginger fine strands.