A French dessert that melts in your mouth the moment you have it…custard based dessert topped with caramel gives you a delightful lust when these flavours mix in your mouth at the same time.
Caster Sugar 200gms
Vanilla Essence 2-4 drops
- Take a pan and put in the sugar, then put the pan on flame and add water into it. Keep looking and until a rich dark honey colour don’t appear keep stirring with a wooden spatula. (make sure there are no air bubbles or lumps)
- Now switch off the flame and very carefully put in the caramel in the ramekins up to 1/3 of the dish.
- Now take the skillet and put the milk in it on medium high flame & also make sure the milk has to be hot not boiled.
- Now break the eggs into a deep bowl or into a jug, then put the hot milk over the eggs and keep mixing until it is made into nice smooth custard.
- Now add the vanilla flavour in the custard and mix well.
- Now put the custard into the ramekins to the top & put the ramekins into roasting tin and put enough water in the roasting dish that the ramekins dish are dipped by 2/3 of it.
- Now put in the oven and cook it for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees and check by putting a fork into it. (the fork will come out clean)
- Now after taking out from the oven, let it cool down to room temperature & then put the ramekins in the fridge and let it cool for 3-4 hours.
- Take a palate knife and then serve it by putting the dish upside down.