A classic sub/sandwich which is full of veggies and delicious melting cheese sauce over the top, mostly eaten in North America. It’s really simple and can be prepared in really quick time.
Onions (sliced) 2
Bell peppers (julienne) 2
Jalapenos (sliced) 2
Tomatoes (diced) 1
Garlic (fine chopped) 4 cloves
Sugar 2 tbsp
Paprika Powder 2 tbsp
Olive Oil 2 tbsp
Seasoning To taste
Butter 1 tsp
For the sauce
Cheese (Cheddar, Processed, Gouda) 50 gms each
Cream 200 ml
Seasoning to taste
- Take a pan, and put olive oil in it, when the oil is hot then put some garlic in it.
- Then put jalapenos, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and sauté them well. Add seasoning & paprika powder and toss them well, keep aside.
- Take another pan, put oil in it and then put onions into it and sauté them.
- After the onions turned golden brown put sugar into it, and caramelize them.
- Now take a skillet, put cream in it on low to medium flame, then gradually start adding grated cheese and keep stirring continuously so that there are no lumps and make sure there is no boiling.
- Add salt & crushed black pepper into it, check the consistency and seasoning, remove it from the heat.
- Now, take the bun and slice from the middle, put butter on it, then put it on pan to get nice toasted buns.
- Put the veggies on the bun, caramelized onions and then delicious cheese sauce on top. Then put the other bun on top. (fried egg can be another option to be put on top)