A buttery dish and very famous dish of Indian cuisine in which chicken is cooked in Makhani gravy which is tomato based.
Chicken 800 gms
Tomatoes 500 gms
Ginger (chopped) 2 cloves
Tomato Puree 4 Tbsp
Seasoning To taste
Black Cardamom 1
Butter 4 tbsp
Cream 4 tbsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Cashew nuts (soaked and paste) 10
Hung curd 400 gms
Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Take a chicken and marinade it into the above mixture, and then allow it to settle for 3-4 hours.
- Take the tomatoes and blanch them, de skin, and de seed them, and take butter, ginger in a skillet and put tomatoes.
- Keep stirring, and on slow heat, cook it for 20 minutes and add tomato puree.
- Now add salt, garam masala and cashew paste and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Now, switch off the stove and let the gravy and blend it.
- After blending, put it back on stove and cook for 10 minutes, on high flame and check everything.
- Then put in the roasted chicken into the gravy and garnish with butter and cream and ginger julienne.
- Serve hot.