Ravioli is stuffed pasta originated from Italy and served with either sauce or with grated parmesan cheese.
All purpose flour 200 gms
Water 500 ml
Salt To Taste
Black pepper (crushed) To Taste
Parmesan Cheese crushed
Onion (fine chopped) 1
Tomato puree 2 tbsp
Garlic (fine chopped) 4-5 cloves
Oregano 1 tbsp
Cottage Cheese/Mince chicken 100 gms
Fresh Basil Leaves 1 bunch
Pine nuts 2 tbsp
Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Take a bowl, put flour and egg then start mixing and slowly add water to make dough. Make sure the dough should not stick and smooth.
- For the stuffing heat the oil in the pan and then add garlic and onion then sauté them, and then add mince chicken or cottage cheese mince and mix well.
- Then add tomato puree and mix well. Then add oregano, salt and pepper into it.
- Mix well and give it a nice stir and then keep aside.
- Now take the dough and start pulling out small balls from the dough.
- Take a flour ball and flatten it with rolling pin, then take a spoonful of filling and keep it in the centre of the dumpling.
- Fold it and seal the edges with help of egg wash and make it in a square shape.
- Do it for all and prepare the dumplings of square shaped.
- Take a saucepan and start heating the water, then once the water is about to boil then put the dumplings into the water.
- Check within 5 minutes the dumplings should be soft and cooked. Take out the dumplings and drain out excess water on paper towel.
- For the pesto sauce, take a mixer grinder put in the basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, chopped garlic and parmesan cheese. Add seasoning and mix well.
- You will get the rich green sauce with cheesy flavour.
- Now take the pan on low heat, put in the pesto sauce and don’t let it boil and put in the raviolis and toss well.
- Garnish with either basil leaves or grated parmesan cheese and serve hot.