Veggie-filled sauce layered perfectly with lasagna sheets, processed cheese, and gooey mozzarella cheese. It’s perfect vegetarian comfort food, made easily in a single skillet.
Olive Oil for brushing
Butter 2 tbsp
Garlic (fine chopped) 2 cloves
Fresh Parsley fine chopped
Mozzarella Cheese grated 200gms
Bechamel Sauce 2 ½ cups
Lasagna Sheets 175 gms
Eggplants (sliced) 2
Zucchini (sliced) 2
Salt To taste
Pepper To taste
Fresh tomatoes (diced) 4
Parmesan Cheese(grated) 50gms
Kalamata Olives (optional) 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Brush a large ovenproof dish with olive oil. Brush a large grill pan or sauce pan with olive oil and heat until smoking.
- Add half the eggplant slices and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the eggplants and drain on paper towels. Now add more eggplants and oil if necessary.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the garlic, zucchini, parsley, and cook over medium heat and constant stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain them on paper towels.
- Layer the eggplant, zucchini, mozzarella, tomatoes, and the lasagna in the dish, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go and finishing with a layer of lasagne.
- Pour over the béchamel sauce but make sure the pasta is covered.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- For a twist you can sprinkle handfull of kalamata olives.
- Serve immediately.